Meeting started by jason
- Meeting chairs are: tyrope, irishlluv, jason
- In Attendance: Jason Spriggs, Emmi Lahtisalo, Dimitri Molenaars, Kelly Lloyd, Savannah Carlon, Edward Powell
Review minutes and resolutions from last BOD meeting and/or recent network news.
- Transcript of September 2012 Board of Directors meeting | Nerdfighteria Network
- Agreed: Minutes from previous meeting approved
- Agreed: Agenda for this meeting
Review Financial Statement of Q2
- Fiscal Report – Second Quarter 2013 | Nerdfighteria Network
- Action: Jason to investigate yearly cost of alaska.na.dftba.net and report back next meeting.
Discussion: Proposal for standing BOD meeting
- Agreed: Meetings are scheduled 1st Saturday of every month, 19:00 UTC. Reschedule requests are to be sent to the secretary.
Discussion: Proposal to post #peersupport resources online
- Action: irishlluv to make an account on dftba.net
- Action: Tyrope to give irishlluv’s dftba.net account writing permissions for a peersupport resource page.
- Agreed: official channel list needs blurbs
- Action: official channel owners – write your channel blurb.
Discussion: Term limits for BOD members and officers
- Action: to Jason to write a proposal regarding board terms, and re-elections.
- Action: Jason and irishlluv – draft the bylaws.
Discussion: Website theme contest.
- Action: Jason design first draft new website lay-out, to be shown at the meeting on May 4th.
Discussion: #religion and #politics.
- Action: Emmi and Tyrope – Op guidelines document.
- Agreed: Religious and political discussions are allowed as long as they stay civil and non-intrusive to other conversations. Otherwise they are to be taken to PM/#religion/#politics.
Discussion: buglord’s behaviour in #adult
- Agreed: The incident that caused IRC-009 will not be acted upon. (forgiven but not forgotten)
Discussion: #board channel mode m.
- Agreed: #board stays channel mode +m, non-board member can get voice by posting a suggestion and asking 1(one) board member.
Discussion: ToS clarification draft
- TOS Clarification Draft – Google Drive
- Action: Embolalia to finish the draft by next meeting, and discuss at the next meeting.
- Action: Sacha – write your about page for the website
- Action: Tyrope – Ensure all pages are linked in the menu bar.
- Action: desi – write your about page for the website
- Action: Elaine – write your about page for the website
- Action: Corrine – write your about page for the website
- Action: ask for input for the blogging service and see if we should still do it
- Previous action is to Jason.
- Action: Tyrope – ask for interest on user podcasts on the radio.
- Action: Savannah record monthly newscast
- Action: Kelly, Emmi and Tyrope – rewrite email to artists and resend email.
- Action: Jason to Get valid SSL certificates for ALL servers.
- Action: Tyrope to re-do the network map and make the new version public.
Open suggestions & proposals.
- there are no open proposals
- FractalDactyl raised the question: “How many blogs are you intending to be able to sustain? Will they only be for certain people?”. Answer: “<&Tyrope> IF we are to go ahead with it, it’d be a subscription-based thing. so we’d be able to afford stronger service with the profits from it if required.”
Review of action item responsibilities
- Action: irishlluv post minutes on dftba.net